When: Saturday, April 6, 2019
The schedule is as follows:
9:30 am: Clean-up deposit refunds and key deposit refunds will be given to gardeners who had a plot in 2018 and did not re-register for 2019.
– Returning your key entitles you to have your key deposit refunded, if applicable.
– Leaving your plot cleaned and ready for a new gardener entitles you to have your cleanup deposit refunded, if applicable.
9:45-10:30: Registration of new members (who are then eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting)
– Plots are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until all available plots have been allotted. If you hope to rent a plot for the 2019 season, please read and be prepared to abide by the Abbotsford Community Garden Agreement. If you agree to it, print and fill out the first page to hand in at registration. Anyone without a completed form will have to step out of the line to complete it, and that could be all it takes to not get a plot. We have a small number of plots available and a lot of would-be gardeners who are hoping to join.
– If you hope to become a member, you should review the Abbotsford Community Garden Supplement Guide. Membership in the Abbotsford Community Garden involves responsibilities as well as privileges.
– Newly registered gardeners must attend the orientation following the AGM.
10:30-11:30: Annual General Meeting
Please note that only members (registered plotholders) are entitled to vote and that is one vote per plot.
11:30: New Member Orientation (required for new members). Garden gate keys will be distributed following the orientation.